The patterns are printed on the fabric of linen. All you have to do is fill in the coloured spaces with wool, a bit like a paint-by-number pattern, but with wool and a needle! This is a very relaxing project...
The felting time varies from person to person and from set to set, but can take about 5 hours.
- A basic guide with information on needle felting
- Instruction sheet, with tips and techniques (in English)
- A link to video instructions
- Two colour-coded needles in a handy cardboard tube
- Felting wool in various colours, in sufficient quantities
- Fabric base in linen (with colour printed design)
- High quality 7" diameter wooden hoop
- Square of muslin fabrics
You will also need:
Scissors and glue to attach your canvas to the hoop when you have finished your work and a felting mat to use as a work surface.
You can choose between the foam or wool mat. Foam is more economical, but wears out more easily. Wool is environmentally friendly, durable and works particularly well, but is more expensive.
This set is intended for adults and children aged 10 and over who have good manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination. Caution - the felting needles are very sharp!